Theme, objective and structure
The objective of the PCFs is to create an additional platform for broader discussion of water-related issues among specific types of stakeholders or under specific themes: (1) water and gender; (2) water and children/youth; (3) water and sanitation in urban and rural areas; (4) water and mountains.
The PCFs make it possible to involve different types of stakeholders, including women, youth, local authorities, professional groups, academicians, private sector and others in the implementation of the water agenda with a focus on catalysing water action and partnership at the local, national, regional and global level. Factual and relevant deliberations, findings and solutions may effectively contribute to the theme of the Conference and address the ambitious 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including SG6.
Each PCF should preferably be designed to support the Conference in deepening understanding of the Water Decade and galvanizing action in support of the implementation of water-related SDGs focusing on the following parts:
- Accelerating the implementation of internationally agreed water-related goals and targets at the regional and national level;
- Promoting nature-based and science-based solutions and tools, including data, technologies and innovation;
- Improving capacity building, knowledge and education through sharing information and best practices;
- Showcasing successful partnerships, advocacy and networking actions by stakeholders at all levels;
- Strengthening cooperation at different levels by promoting dialogue, partnership and cross-sectoral approaches.
The outcomes of the PCFs will be presented during the Plenary Sessions of the Conference and consolidated in the final report of the Conference, made available on its website and circulated widely.
Organizers will develop the Concept and Program of PCFs.
International organizations and national partners from government structures and civil society organizations may be involved in preparing and conducting PCFs and act as co-organizers.
Some 50 to 100 participants are expected to attend each PCF.
The PCFs are to take place one day prior to the Conference for either the entire day starting from 09:00 until 17:00 or on half day starting at 09:00 until 12:00 or at 14:00 until 17:00.
Responsibilities of the organizers of PCEs
- To prepare and submit a Concept Paper of the respective PCF (see the attached template);
- To develop the program of the respective PCF in coordination with the Conference Secretariat;
- To produce and submit to the Conference Secretariat a written summary of no more than two pages about the outcomes of the PCF by the end of the week after the Conference;
- To select, invite and ensure participation of keynote speakers and other participants in the PCF;
- Speakers are expected to represent a variety of stakeholders and the different regions of the world in a balanced manner, including women and youth;
- To cover all expenses related to arranging the PCF apart from the assistance provided by the Conference Secretariat;
- To arrange participation of not less than 10 international participants in the respective PCF;
- To identify the venue of the forum in Dushanbe, which will meet logistical, technical and other requirements necessary for holding the PCF. The organizers should cover all costs relating to the space rent.
Support of the Conference Secretariat
- To assist participants in the PCFs in obtaining free visas;
- To issue badges to have access to the Conference venue on 18-19 June;
- To arrange pick-up and drop-off services to the participants in PCFs between the airport and their hotels;
- To arrange transportation for the participants in PCFs between their hotels and the conference venue;
- To extend the invitation to participants in PCFs from abroad to the official reception by the Government of Tajikistan during the Conference, the Dushanbe Water Festival (17 June) and the excursions (20 June 2020).
Contact person in the Conference Secretariat
Ms. Matluba Turaeva, focal point for PCFs
Mobile: +992 900 09 22 54
The deadline for submission of proposals is 30 March 2020